all-in-one breakfast machine, appliances, besan, Black & Decker, Bornvan, Breville, Cambridge, Cantrox, chutneys, coffeemaker, cooking, cool touch handles, deep cooking wells, Deep fryer, dispensing tap, easy open handle, Electric omelette makers, Electronic breakfast maker, five-cup coffeemaker, frying plate, golden fried snacks, Hand blender, healthy sandwiches, iftar, Jumbo sized electric oven, Kenwood, light indicator, milkshakes, Montana, Non-stick moulds, Non-stick plates, Nortin, omelette, oven, overheat safety protection, pakoras, Philips, plastic cover, Ramazan, Sandwich maker, sehri, Shinon, Smoothie maker, smoothies, Stainless steel, Syed Wajeeh-ul-Hassan Naqvi, Teflon-coated frying plates, temperature control, toaster
Cooking in Ramazan can become a daunting task. For those who want to enjoy traditional iftar and sehri treats without the hassle and heat, here are some convenient appliances that will make the job easier.
- Deep fryer – an excellent way to prepare perfectly golden fried snacks.
General specs include: Stainless steel basket and tongs, temperature control, plastic cover for easy handling.
Approximate prices – Nortin: Rs 4,100; Bornvan: Rs 4,300; Black & Decker: Rs 6,500.
- Smoothie maker – designed to blend and dispense fruit and ice smoothies.
General specs include: Plastic or glass jug with a dispensing tap.
Approximate Price – Kenwood: Rs 4,000
- Sandwich maker – light, healthy sandwiches without any fuss.
General specs include: Non-stick plates, easy open handle, light indicator, overheat safety protection.
Approximate prices – Cantrox: Rs 2,600; Montana: Rs 3,000; Black & Decker: Rs 3,500.
- Electric omelette makers – enjoy an omelette at sehri without having to do too much.
General specs include: Non-stick moulds that heat up on both sides, deep cooking wells that cook up to three eggs, cool touch handles.
Approximate price – Breville: Rs 2,700.
- Electronic breakfast maker – the ultimate all-in-one breakfast machine, with an oven that can also be used as a toaster, a coffeemaker and a frying plate.
General specs include: Jumbo sized electric oven with timer, five-cup coffeemaker with a keep-warm function, Teflon-coated frying plates.
Approximate price – Shinon: Rs 3,200.
- Hand blender – an easy way to blend besan for pakoras, and the chutneys that accompany them. Can also be used to make smoothies and milkshakes.
General specs include: Detachable stainless steel blades and a stainless steel wand.
Approximate prices – Cambridge: Rs 3,000; Philips: Rs 3,500.
— Syed Wajeeh-ul-Hassan Naqvi
First published in the Adbuzzzz Section of The DAWN National Weekend Advertiser on July 31, 2011.