Here is a look at four commercial areas that are attracting investment across Pakistan:
1. Autobhan Road is an upscale area and several high-end stores are located there as well as fine dining restaurants such as Royal Taj, Gravity and Lamosh. Most shops are standalone or available in low rise buildings with ample parking space.
Shop sizes: 100-500 square feet.
Purchase price range: Rs 35,000-60,000 per square foot.
Monthly rental range: Rs 200-250 per square foot.
2. Latifabad Unit-8 Market is one of the city’s largest commercial districts; several banks, offices, and shops that sell clothes, electronics, fabric and shoes are located there. Most shops are standalone; retail space is also available in low-rise commercial buildings.
Shop sizes: 50-1,000 square feet.
Purchase price range: Rs 30,000-40,000 per square foot.
Monthly rental range: Rs 150-200 per square foot.
3. Shahi Bazaar is located along Market Road and a plethora of shops that sell everything from antiques, handicrafts and jewellery to furniture, fabric and dry fruit are located there. Shops are primarily located on the ground floor of residential and commercial buildings; parking space is limited.
Shop sizes: 30-500 square feet.
Purchase price range: Rs 15,000-25,000 per square foot.
Monthly rental range: Rs 100-150 per square foot.
4. Thandi Sarak is an upscale area where several, high end boutiques and restaurants (including Alpeno Jilato, Canton and Mirchi 360) and supermarkets are located. Most shops are located on the lower floors of multistorey buildings which have apartments on the upper floors.
Shop sizes: 100-2,000 square feet.
Purchase price range: Rs 40,000-60,000 per square foot.
Monthly rental range: Rs 200-300 per square foot.
– Syed Wajeeh-ul-Hassan Naqvi Information provided by Al Kabeer Estate, Hyderabad.
First published in the Real Estate Section of The DAWN National Weekend Advertiser on January 19, 2014.